Most of these papers are also listed on my Google Scholar page.
- Learning to be Fair: a Consequentialist Approach to Equitable Decision-Making. With Madison Coots, Henry Zhu, Emma Brunskill, and Sharad Goel. Working paper.
- Identifying and Measuring Excessive and Discriminatory Policing. With Marissa Gerchick, Sharad Goel, Aziz Z. Huq, Amy Shoemaker, Ravi Shroff, and Keniel Yao. Univeristy of Chicago Law Review, Vol. 89, 2022.
- Empirical Approaches to Identify Systemic Discrimination in Policing. With Marissa Gerchick, Sharad Goel, Aziz Huq, Amy Shoemaker, Ravi Shroff, and Keniel Yao. Inequality Reader (forthcoming).
- Blind Justice: Algorithmically Masking Race in Charging Decisions. With Joe Nudell, Keniel Yao, Zhiyuan (Jerry) Lin, Julian Nyarko, and Sharad Goel. Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society (AIES), 2021.
- Understanding Risk Assessment Instruments in Criminal Justice. AI and Bias, Brookings Institution, 2020.
- A Recommendation Engine to Aid in Identifying Crime Patterns. With Evan Levine. INFORMS Journal on Applied Analytics, Vol. 49.2, 2019.
- Guiding Prosecutorial Decisions with an Interpretable Statistical Model. With Zhiyuan (Jerry) Lin and Sharad Goel. Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society (AIES), 2019.
- Mining 911 Calls in New York City: Temporal Patterns, Detection and Forecasting. With Aliya Merali, Warren Reed, and Theo Damoulas. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence for Cities Workshop, 2015.