Most of these papers are also listed on my Google Scholar page.
- Automated Reminders Reduce Incarceration for Missed Court Dates: Evidence from a Text Message Experiment.
With Madison Coots, Joe Nudell, Julian Nyarko, Emma Brunskill, Todd Rogers, and Sharad Goel.
- Learning to be Fair: a Consequentialist Approach to Equitable Decision-Making.
With Madison Coots, Henry Zhu, Emma Brunskill, and Sharad Goel.
- Designing Equitable Algorithms.
With Madison Coots, Julian Nyarko, and Sharad Goel.
Nature Computational Science, Vol. 3, 601–610, 2023.
- LegalBench: A Collaboratively Built Benchmark for Measuring Legal Reasoning in Large Language Models
With Neel Guha, Julian Nyarko, Daniel E Ho, Christopher Ré, et al.
Proceedings of the Neural Information Processing Systems Track on Datasets and Benchmarks (forthcoming)
- Empirical Approaches to Identify Systemic Discrimination in Policing.
With Marissa Gerchick, Sharad Goel, Aziz Huq, Amy Shoemaker, Ravi Shroff, and Keniel Yao.
Inequality Reader (forthcoming).
- Identifying and Measuring Excessive and Discriminatory Policing.
With Marissa Gerchick, Sharad Goel, Aziz Z. Huq, Amy Shoemaker, Ravi Shroff, and Keniel Yao.
Univeristy of Chicago Law Review, Vol. 89, 2022.
- Blind Justice: Algorithmically Masking Race in Charging Decisions.
With Joe Nudell, Keniel Yao, Zhiyuan (Jerry) Lin, Julian Nyarko, and Sharad Goel.
Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society (AIES), 2021.
- Understanding Risk Assessment Instruments in Criminal Justice.
Brookings Institution, AI and Bias Series, 2020.
- Guiding Prosecutorial Decisions with an Interpretable Statistical Model.
With Zhiyuan (Jerry) Lin and Sharad Goel.
Conference on AI, Ethics, and Society (AIES), 2019.
- A Recommendation Engine to Aid in Identifying Crime Patterns.
With Evan Levine.
INFORMS Journal on Applied Analytics, Vol. 49 (2), 154-166, 2019.
- Mining 911 Calls in New York City: Temporal Patterns, Detection and Forecasting.
With Aliya Merali, Warren Reed, and Theo Damoulas.
AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence for Cities Workshop, 2015.